Friday, June 10, 2005

Foolish things

How many foolish things were said to you yesterday? Well, I remember a few that were said to me:

Someone(who apparently did some schoolinng in England) asked where I stayed last time I was in London. I said Bayswater, as one commonly uses the nearest Tube station as reference. She, "that's not very central". Um, The Bayswater Tube is in zone 1. It is on Queensway which ends at the south at Hyde Park. It is 2 stops from Kensington High Street and 4 from Oxford Circus. Of, course I would probably just walk down the street to the Queensway station and take that line so that makes it 3 stops to Oxford Circus. Why do people who have no idea of what they are speaking say things like that?

Ran into an aquaintance at the usual bar and he decides to explain to me how many much bigger things there are in the world than the information/political stuff that I spend a lot of my time on. I ask if he knows about "The Downing Street Memo". Nope, never heard of it 5 weeks after it was initially published by the Sunday Times. So, I proceed to try to explain that it is a document that seems to PROVE that this preznit lied lied lied when he was telling us in 2002 that war with Iraq would be the last resort (go here to get the full scoop if you haven't already).
His response to his proven and willful ignorance is the following(from memory): "You don't think that people were being lied to during the Crusades?" I say I have no doubt that they were. He, "So, the real question is, are we better off than we were during the Crusades."
Nope. No that is NOT the real question. The real question is why people who are too fucking lazy and/or too fucking dim to understand the world in which they live hold up this condition of blissful ignorance as something one should seek? Know what? if you haven't a fucking clue, shut the fuck up!

So, the guy on the other side of me has to chime in and I get to find out that the FBI is really doing a great job and that's why we haven't had any terrorist attacks since 9/11. Of course when I tell him that I, in fact, believe that our government at least failed to stop an attack that they knew was coming and was probably complicit in the act(google PNAC and take a look at the document in which Donny Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz and others say we need a "new Pearl Harbor" in order to acheive their stated goal of a new, better armed and more powerful America), he doesn't disagree, but says, "Oh, they planned it." Crank. Fool. He then proceeds to pull some stuff out of his satchel that seems to be a design for a perpetual motion machine that will give us all the cheap power we need. I scanned it and the only blurb I remember is, "Since water can't be compressed...". Whoo boy.

BTW, my father hasn't yet bothered to reply to the email below that I sent to him. Oh well. Chickenhawk is one thing, but if you can't even defend your decisions.....Feh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home