Wednesday, March 23, 2005

From the Well

here's something I posted on the Well that I think sums up how I feel about things quite nicely. Posted here for those who aren't Well members. It's a great place that I visited back in the late '80s/early '90s and have recently rejoined. Go to Well.com to check it out or join($15/mth or so):

"

politics 2159: Continue to pay attention to the men behind the curtain
#1379 of 1396: Tell your piteous heart there's no harm done. (krome) Mon 21 Mar 2005 (12:52 PM)

I grew up believing that the Democratic party was the party of common
sense and intelligence. Fiscally, morally, environmentally and
diplomatically(eg standing against the Vietnam War). I think that to
any intelligent being they still are especially when compared with the
current administration and congressional leadership. Consequently, I
have struck out against anyone and everyone that voted for Bush and/or
any other rethug by simply impugning their intelligence, which may not
always be fair. It will not be easy for me to accept swing voters back
into "my" party, but I don't have to, the party does. I hope Howard
Dean can convince these people that they are voting against their own
interests, financially, morally, environmentally and diplomatically and
that the Democratic party will look out for their interests.
Unfortunately, it may take a draft to start these people thinking.

Here we go again. When we can figure out how to pass along wisdom
genetically, we will finally win this war against ourselves."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home